Production Separations Chemist
Location: Asheville, North Carolina
We are seeking a Production Chemist to join our team in a key leadership role. InovaChrom is a small fine chemical separations startup with a strong interest in natural products. We offer unique chemical separations technology to address complex and difficult problems for high value small molecules. We work with a broad range of clients ranging from small natural supplement brands to the largest international chemical supply companies. The incumbent will serve as lead production chemist and report to the Chief Scientific Officer.
- Method development for pilot scale chromatographic separations.
- Up to pilot scale production of target compounds.
- New separation method R&D.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERENCES
- At least a BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, or equivalent experience in lab or small scale manufacturing environment.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a research or pilot production lab environment required.
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent attention to detail, strong analytical ability, and complex problem solving skills.
- Experience in new product development and product scale-up preferred.
- Familiarity with HPLC, GC, basic column chromatography, and LCMS analytic experience is preferred.
- Basic computer and meticulous lab notebook skills required.
- Must be able to balance multiple priorities, work independently, supervise one or more associate chemists, and demonstrate a sense of urgency and customer focus.
You will be involved in every step of the manufacturing process from method development R&D to production.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and there will be an opportunity to earn an equity position in
Position start date is October 1, 2017 and will remain open until filled.
Send your Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com with Production Separation Chemist as the Subject.